I would love the book cover designed for my next book. The details are below:
Cover size: 6 x 9 inches
Spine width: 1 inch
Title: Gifts From The Darkness
Subtitle: Out of Your Darkest Times Can Come Your Greatest Gifts
Author Name: Kim Baird
Core message of the book:
The book is all about discovering that during our most challenging and dark times in our lives there are always blessings, gifts and life lessons that can come out of those times. This includes personal stories from my own dark times and the gifts that come out of them, stories from other peoples dark times and the gifts that came out of them. The book also has tips, advice and strategies for helping the reader to not only find their own gifts from their past, current and future challenges but also on how to live a life filled with more joy, happiness and fulfilment.
Cover design requirements/requests:
- Please have the title up the top of the cover and then the subtitle. Please put the authors name (Kim Baird) at the bottom.
- Please submit the front cover, the spine and the back cover, not just the front
- I am flexible on colours for the book, but given the content of the book probably contrasting colours would be good to represent the "darkness" and the "gifts". So a dark colour contrasted with a light colour but I am flexible.
- Please leave a blank white space on the bottom right-hand corner of the back cover for the ISBN/barcode that measures 1 inch tall by 1.75 inches wide
- Please include the Gowor International Publishing logo of my publishing house (file attached) at the bottom of the back cover and on the bottom of the spine
- The cover design should appear as a consistent, professionally designed cover with all parts well integrated and connected
- I will need the Photoshop/design file with editable layers at the end when it comes to the handover, not just the .jpeg version
Thank you - I will be here to work with you on the designs and will continue to give you feedback as we go.
[UPDATE] I would love to see some concepts using the following image or something similar. THANK YOU!
*** BACK COVER TEXT ***
'Kim Baird has been to the depths and emerged as a diamond in her own right, shining a light for others to follow.’
~ Brendan Nichols
What if all those struggles, challenges, tragedies and heartbreaking moments that you have experienced in your life were actually for a very profound reason? What if out of those dark times there were actually amazing gifts that were given to you to help you create an extraordinary life for yourself?
Gifts from the Darkness is about finding the valuable life lessons and the gifts that come out of our most challenging times in life. It is a deeply raw and authentic book with profound wisdom to live your life by. Taking you on an inspiring journey, it is about looking at challenges and dark times in our lives from a new perspective and opening up your awareness to a new way of living life; embracing life, in all the forms it takes, and living a life filled with happiness, joy and fulfilment.
Kim Baird bares her soul and shares her experiences of her own personal dark times in a truly vulnerable and real way that people can connect with. Her own experiences that she shares are truly remarkable stories of courage and determination in what appears to be insurmountable odds.
Gifts from the Darkness is easy to read but deeply profound in its wisdom.
A must read for anyone who wants to experience a better life.
‘I didn't want to put it down! It is one of the most inspirational and moving books I have ever read. Kim shares how to move from adversity to fulfilment, and even towards outstanding accomplishments. A truly amazing and liberating book.’
Emma Blakely-Henare ~ Founder, Epic Mentors Magazine ~ http://www.EpicMentors.co.nz
'A fabulous read! An exceptional outpouring of authentic being and inspiration. Loaded with wisdom and springboards for flourishing against seemingly impossible odds.'
Deb Rowley ~ ‘The Miracle Mentor’ ~ http://www.Debx.com
‘Gifts From The Darkness is a must read book that is destined to transform the hearts and lives of many’
Dr Alex Rodwell ~ Author of 'Grounded in Gratitude' ~ http://www.DrAlexRodwell.com