Come hstarn ha cominciato il suo viaggio per il design di copertine per libri
Per cosa sei conosciuto?
Harry Starn Jr.
Qual è il settore più indicato per la tua attività?
Dicci qualcosa su di te e sulle persone che vuoi raggiungere
Based on my experience as a university educator, administrator and academic advisor, I have written a self-help book for students and parents on "How to Succeed at a Private College or University -- An insider's perspective on thriving in the classroom and creating a meaningful college experience."
I believe what makes this book different from competitors is that it offers specific recommendations (from a faculty's perspective) for navigating the academic classroom, insights about university policies and procedures that empower to student to take some control and perspective on maximizing the holistic educational experience by taking advantage of the tremendous opportunities available outside of the classroom, including: community, experiential learning, extracurricular activities, advisers and mentors.
The target audience is incoming undergraduate freshman students, transfer students and parents.
Please refer to the attachment for additional information.
Che cosa ti ispira e qual è la visione del design della tua attività?
I seek a creative cover that connects, at some emotional level, with a least one of my two core messages: 1) maximizing one’s college experience is holistic (academic, community, extracurricular and experiential) and 2) the student can exercise quite a bit of control during their academic career.
I’m not really looking for just another stock photo of students smiling at graduation or a campus building. Rather, I would be more inclined to select a book cover that draws prospective-buyer attention with an interesting drawing, graphic or image that suggests a journey of personal growth or a process of putting pieces together (e.g., puzzle, structure, etc.).
I will leave the overall color, font and layout to you, the designer.
Specific deliverables follow:
1. Kindle cover in native design format
2. Kindle cover as high-quality JPG file
3. CreateSpace cover in native design format
4. CreateSpace cover as a flattened PDF
5. 3D cover as a PNG
6. Copyright of all materials are mine once job is paid
CreateSpace nook dimensions:
• 5.5” x 8.5”
• 130 pages
• Thickness = .002252" per page x 130 pages = 0.29276 inches
• Bleed = .125”
• Minimum cover width= bleed + back cover trim + spine width + front cover trim + bleed = .125” + 5.5” + .29276” + 5.5” + .125” = 11.54276 inches
• Minimum height = bleed + book height trim + bleed= .125” + 8.5” + .125” = 8.75 inches
• Leave 0.0625” variance on either side of fold line (spine text can only be 0.288256” - .125 = 0.163” high). If that is too small, then you will have to forget about the spine text.
• Center all text
• ISBN barcode will appear on back cover 2” x 1.2”
Please refer to the "design brief" attachment
Please refer to the attachment for cover text.
My writing style is intentionally concise (130 pages) but I offer specific recommendations and action plans, which are based on research and my experiences from working as a faculty, program administrator and academic adviser. I share classroom and personal stories but tend to write in a formal style. The feeling that I would like to portray is competency and value of content.
Topics addressed in the book include: academic success, experiential learning, social community, extracurricular activities, campus support services, personal growth and well-being, supportive mindsets and surviving the first six months (as a freshman or transfer student).
Abbiamo trovato dei contest simili che potrebbero interessarti