WHAT WE DO:
We are creating a NEW kind of education: we deliver courses and programs to empower adults to live a fuller, more confident life -- we teach things like personal finance, and other skills not taught in the traditional school system. We are a Life School for Adults -- teaching the most important life skills for a full, confident, empowered life.
1. The image/icon part of the logo should be something that can be used with the words ("SkilledSmart") but can also stand alone as a memorable and distinct symbol of our brand (e.g. the apple symbol on Apple products, or nike tick)
2. NO graduation hats, books, pencils, owls symbols of 'traditional' education please: we are "alternative" education -- we believe that traditional schooling is outdated, so we don't want to be associated with traditional education. We are new, fun, innovative -- not old-school and traditional.
3. We are looking to inspire trust (credibility), but also be relatable, fun, and empowering.
4. Simple is better than complex: please avoid designs with too many different elements
5. View inspo board: https://au.pinterest.com/paridhi10224/branding/
The target market is: usually aged 26 - 40 (mostly women, but the course is open to men as well), working professionals.
Trust is a big deal -- we're an education company, so we need to seem legit. BUT -- everything about adult education is usually incredibly stuffy, old school, corporate -- and we are NONE of those things. We are also not a university -- so we don't want to portray ourselves as an old-school established educational institution. We are looking to be relatable, fun, engaging, friendly and empowering. We need to have a strong consumer brand that people trust and resonate with. Our brand also needs to stand out as DISTINCT.
SOME BRANDS I THINK DO A GREAT JOB:
> Foundr Magazine: foundrmag.com
> Over the Moo: http://www.overthemoo.com.au/
> School of Life: https://www.instagram.com/tsolaus/
> Lush Cosmetics: https://www.instagram.com/lushcosmetics/