We want a refreshed look and feel to our peer-coaching modules (workbooks). We want a designer to create a new template for our workbooks. We will then move all the content in our 80+ peer-coaching modules (workbooks) to this new template.
This is the second time we are running this contest. During the first round we had a couple of interesting ideas from some fantastic designers. We selected a very good winning design, but felt that with another contest we could get something even better. So we decided to run this contest again with a higher prize so that we could attract even more brilliant and creative designers.
You can see the results of the first contest here:
Attached to this contest is a zip file containing an adobe Indesign file with a couple of pages of several of our peer-coaching modules (workbooks) and a file containing our logo and colors. We have also attached an image of a peer-coaching group in action and some images of the some of the pages of some of our workbooks (however, you will use the inDesign files in the zip for your work)
We feel the problem with our current template is that it sort of "boxes in" the content, or makes it feel "closed" in. The look and feel of the current template feels old and we would like something more modern and minimalist with more white space.
Feel free to be VERY creative!
We want you to provide us with an Adobe Indesign file with the same couple of pages, except in a refreshed more open template. We do not require any content layout or design work, just a new template.
The template has the following requirements:
- The design will likely be different for the title page and for every other page. In other words we need a title page template and a content page template.
- The template needs to have enough whitespace for us to "stamp" the legal text. In the attached example you will see the legal text in top right and bottom middle for the title page and just the bottom middle for every other page.
- Every page other than the title page will have a time bar on the top right, so the template for every other page needs to have enough whitespace for us to put the timebar.
- It is important to not be too ink heavy, in other words many people will be printing our workbooks out so we want a template which is ink light!
- We have attached our logo. There are two options: with and without the tag line. Either one is fine for the new template. The current template uses the one without the tag line because the tag line color was too much on the old template.
- As part of our refreshed template we are going to want to include a little tag line that says something like "Rebalancing Leadership, Rebalancing Society". This could be under the logo like a tag line, or somewhere else on the template faded in the background.
What we expect from you:
An Adobe Indesign file with the new template both for the front page and for every other page. You can simply provide the same content samples we have provided except using your new template, that will be sufficient for our content editors to use as we migrate our entire catalog into this new template.
There is no need to do any content design though you may need to rearrange it a bit given you'll have a new template!