A Polish publishing company (Wydawnictwo GREG) looks for an illustrator to draw illustrations for a book series for children.
Characteristics of a book series:
- 48 pages (24 spreads - one picture divided to left and right page), A4, color
- mainly graphical book with short texts (3-7 phrases a spread appreciated)
- a book should be targetted to children aged 1-6 years old
- we want children to look at the pictures for long hours - we expect extremely detailed pictures including cross sections, aerial views, cartoon stories etc.
- pictures should include a complete view with the surroundings, many events happening in this environment, cross sections of particular elements; it should encourage children and their parents to talk about what they see at the picture
First book of the series: "Mum and dad, what happens in the city?"
- a main character shown on each spread (sometimes partly hidden)
- looking at some pictures may need using a magnyfying glass
- very important element of a book: an interesting maze (e.g. a central spread)
- topics: a city during each of four seasons / city at night / city at day / playgrounds / a fire in the city (work of fire brigade) / building site etc.
For now, we offer $349 for one picture (one spread, two A4 pages): CITY AT DAY.
After the contest for that picture is finished, we would contact you to negotiate payment for the whole book (1-to-1 projects would be used). We're looking for illustrators for permanent cooperation (whole books or even series illustrated by one person). A series will include about 6 to 8 books, 48 pages each.