PURPOSE OF THE WEBSITE
myfirstime.it purpose is to advise young professionals (maximum aged 29) that have gained a technical degree in order to help them when choosing their first job. By first job they mean:
- technology specialization (such as java, php, .net, sap, oracle, plc, ...)
- industry (banking, retail, e-commerce…)
- role (developer, front end, back end, erp analyst, systems analyst, BI analyst, database admin...)
- type of company (consulting firm, start-up, big company, small company...)
An engineer who has just graduated can choose between several options, and most companies - not only italian ones - are interested in his profile and then they start showing their interest way before his graduation term.
Therefore, we are trying to explain here a mentor service addressed to people that can choose not only among different companies, but also among several different professions and specializations.
Our target includes people aged 22-29 that are concluding or they have already accomplished a course of study in the technical field. IT engineers, electronic engineers, junior developers, industrial engineers, people who have graduated in computer science that are looking for their first role or reflecting about the direction to take with the second one.
HOW IT WORKS
myfirstime is based on a network of professionals (around 1.500 at the moment) with more than 5 years of experience in the IT field. We call them Mentors. They are able to provide advices to young professionals due to their working experience. This is the idea myfirstime is based on.
The service consists of different steps:
1. a new graduate registers himself to myfirstime program through the website and books a short call (around 15 minutes). The purpose of this first call is to understand which are the doubts that need to be answered and, consistently with those, who is the most suitable Mentor for that specific profile. Moreover, we take note of the candidate availability for the skype call with the Mentor.
2. myfirstime finds out the appropriate Mentor and arranges the skype call with the new graduate
3. after the call, myfirstime asks the new graduate for a feedback on the Mentor and the quality of their chat