We are a team of two talented hacker entrepreneurs from Romania, passionate about online software and internet startups! We previously interned at Google and Microsoft and we're passionate about programming contests like IOI and TopCoder.
We're building a social news reader.
People are increasingly getting their news mainly from the social networks they're part of, but this is rapidly getting overwhelming. If you're connected with a few hundred people and companies it's hard to stay on top of the news they share. There's currently no way to get the important stuff without going through all your news.
Summify gives you a river of news in a way that you can consume it in minutes, rather than hours. The important stuff bubbles up at the top so, however much time you have at your disposal, you always know you're reading the important stuff first. We achieve this by using your social and interest graphs to curate your news, applying an algorithm similar to Facebook's EdgeRank to rank it, and wrapping it all in a easy to use interface.
News junkies, RSS users, Twitter users, Facebook users, technology early adopters.
What we want:
1. Modern logo with a nice looking typeface. Bonus for something that represents "news" or "reading".
2. An icon or symbol to go along with the logo and to represent what we are doing (Social News Reader). Some ideas of icons: newspaper, a link/URL, styled "S" letter. This will be used as favicon and as avatar.
3. Matching colors with our homepage and site: http://summify.com. We use the colors #D6800C, #F4F1D5, #8B2A04 on the site and the background is #F4F5FC, but feel free to experiment with other colors that match our palette.
Here is our current logo:
We don't like:
* Overly complicated or abstract icons
* Our current logo
* Dropbox's logo: http://dropbox.com/
The files we will require are:
* Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
* Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)