1. We want a BOLD, clean design. Too much detail is not what we want. Think "Overstated Simplicity." Legible from the smallest size to the largest billboard. Can be embroidered (no fine detail).
2. We need symbolism, an icon if you will. the "i" in iforhire has been suggested to be a person or people of some kind. I don't care, but we need that metaphoric image that can stand on its own as our symbol.
3. It should be "iforhire" as the Name along with the tag line "hire yourself or hire a pro."
4. I'm wide open to colors, fonts, etc. Impress me.
5. here is a list of what we consider GREAT logos (purely for design, not necessarily for colors).
-Yowza - http://www.getyowza.com. This is truly our favorite.
-Mint - http://www.mint.com
-Zuora - http://www.zuora.com
-Knotice - http://www.knotice.com
-Yazzem - http://www.yazzem.com
-BrightScope - http://www.brightscope.com
6. If you are selected, you will provide the layered file in Illustrator format (CS3 or higher). Do not rasterize the font(s) in the file. Send me the entire font collection you use along with the .ai file. I will NOT pay for an extra font.