The logo needs to appeal to two distinct audiences (see targeted audiences in the overview section above). Given these two target audiences, the logo should embrace or convey the following:
• Beginning & Ending or coming full circle – due to the nature of addiction, i.e. it starts at some point and (hopefully) comes full circle allowing the addict to recover or pull out of the addictive behaviors
• Movement – addiction is not a static state. The process, especially after one starts down the road to recovery, is dynamic and that fluid flow needs to be conveyed.
• Helping people – the project is about helping others, either an addict directly via an intervention or professionals and institutions via specific consulting services
• A feeling of help, caring, softness
• A spiritual or metaphysical feeling
• Colors and fonts should be conservative given the sensitive nature of the work
Other Points of Consideration:
- Designs should be able to be utilized on a variety of media - web, print, business cards, invoices shirts, etc so the following formats preferred .ai, .eps, .jpg/.png/.gif, and .tiff
- Designs that will have full copyright transferred to us - however we are happy for you to display the logo in your portfolio.
- Designs will be in color most of the time, but still need to work in black and white with no gradients, i.e. if faxing an invoice or proposal.