*** IMPORTANT NOTE: We will not update this section throughout the contest but we will use the UPDATES section regularly to share ideas, updates with you... so please read it ;-) ***
We would like to invite you to consider creating a logo for a very special worldwide event: Asteroid Day, which takes place annually on June 30.
Event Name: Asteroid Day
Location: http://www.Asteroidday.org , online & offline and at locally organized events, worldwide
Reach: Global (Nearly one billion people in 2015)
Judges: Brian May, astronauts Chris Hadfield and Thomas Jones.
The logo must include the words “Asteroid Day”. A simple but stunning font treatment is fine but please do not submit a stand alone logo without using the words “Asteroid Day”.
Our Brand is NOT:
- Apocalyptic: Sky is falling, fear mongering, flames and fire
- Arcadelike: “Asteroids” or “PacMan” games
- Deep space: dark with no light
- Fiction: Little green men...
- Not about a telescopes or rockets.
Our Brand personality:
- Independent: fun, global
- Scientific: smart, geeky, inquiring
Visionary: Risktaker, Optimist, Trailblazer, Explorer, Leader, Educator
- Mission-Driven: focused, passionate, committed
- Creative: Rock and roll, energetic, bringing people together for good, cutting edge, awe-inspiring
Please read our "ASTEROID_DAY_2015_LOGORFP.pdf" (attached) for a full brief.
PLEASE NOTE: Asteroids DO NOT have circular orbits. Their orbits are random. Many of your designs are very circular. Please consider this before making your designs.
We hope you are inspired by the vision and reach of this extraordinary event and would consider submitting a design for consideration.
Very best regards,
The Asteroid Day Team