I conduct academic research on issues related to health, health equity, relationships and social justice.
I am known for using "inclusive research methods" which means that I design research studies that attempt to include as many people's identities and experiences as possible. For example, when studying relationships, I include same-sex and mixed-sex relationships. When studying healthcare, I include the experiences of "mainstream" members of the population as well as marginalized populations: for example: lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, indigenous populations
More specific areas of research:
- health equity
- social justice
- same-sex relationships
- trans* identities
- social determinants of health
My website does a few things:
- recruits participants to be in research studies
- shares results of past research studies with other researchers, my participants and the general public
- recruits students who would like to work with me
- is my professional "face" to the academic world.
- advertises my research consulting services