Adapting spaces is a consulting company based in Brooklyn, NY that provides home modification services for people of all functional levels from a wheelchair user to a fully functional individual. In a nutshell, we help people to modify their homes to make them more user- friendly. Our philosophy is taken from the concept of universal design and theories from occupational therapy. The concept behind universal design is to provide living spaces that can be utilized and accessed by everybody. At the same time, occupational therapy is all about empowering individuals to live more fulfilling lives regardless of their limitations.
Our consumer is the 50+ year old population of the City of New York, who owns and occupies high valued homes or dwelling places. The 50+ population is part of a very well-known demographical phenomenon called “baby boomers”. according to 2003 population estimates, adults in the 40- 59 age bracket made up 27.4% of the population in the U.S and a total of 28.5% of Baby Boomers have bachelor’s degrees or higher. Furthermore, the spending power of the Baby boom generation is estimated at $2.1 trillion, with the younger Baby Boomers (those born between 1946 and 1955) accounting for $1.1 trillion of the total and older Boomers (those born between 1946 and 1955) generating the remaining $1.0 trillion.
Therefore, our consumer is a very educated and financially established individual and this needs to be taken into consideration during the design process.
• Unleash your creative freedom.
• Simple, but striking
• I want an icon that captures the essence of our philosophy: empowerment of human function thru universally friendly spaces.
• I want an icon that sticks in people’s minds and that reminds them of Adapting Spaces.
• This logo is going to be used in all printed material, as well as website and presentation material.
• The font needs to be easy to read.
• Limit use of stock art or clip art.
• Good luck and let’s have a good time with this project!!!