Developing a social community and directory site for the wedding industry, the site will function similar to Face Book, but targeted only to the wedding market to provide a community where soon to be married couples can come to connect and communicate with like minded individuals and wedding service providers to better help plan their wedding. The site will also function as an advertising site for wedding service providers to promote their wedding services to the sites community.
The wedding industry targeting both the wedding consumer and the wedding service provider, Demographics will be mainly Female ages between 26 - 30, but there will be men on the site too.
As mentioned, the site will function like a Face Book sort of site but focused to the Wedding Market for both soon to be married couples looking for advice, wedding services and to connect and communicate with others on the site.
The site will also target advertisers of wedding services to advertise in a wedding directory to the community and visitors of the site.
I am looking for someone who is creative and has good design skills and has worked with logos previously.
UPDATE: Please see comments in project contest for latest updates on guidelines along with the ones below.
1. The logo will primerely be used for the website, and will also be used for letterheads, so to display how the logo will look in black and white too would be good.
2. The logo needs to come across professional, it needs to include the words WeddingConnnect.co.za, what you see at this url currently is not what the site is going to look like at the end, the site still needs plenty of graphical work and color. Will most likely base the color of the site around the colors of the logo.
3. The typeface should be clear. We want something that stands out, and lets leave out calligraphy font.
4. The logo should represent and invoke some of the feelings of the following: elegance, respect, wisdom, passion, strength, energy, romance, excitement, welcoming,happiness and trust.
5. Colors need to compliment each other well as the site will be designed around the colors, will let you decide what colors might be best.
6. The logo must include a image/icon of some sort to convey it being a community site http://www.betternetworker.com has done a good job at this, but lets see what you can come up with following the above guidelines : -)
Can use most common file format for a website.
Thanks and look forward to your design