We are a small online app development company in Berlin, Germany, focused on creating original, useful online applications for ourselves and for others.
AbroadFinder is our little pet project which we are finally getting around to spending some time and money on. Most of us have also lived abroad for extended periods and always missed a place where we can find others (people, places, resources) from our home country.
Looking to find those other Argentians in Finland? Or trying to find that Japanese Bookstore in Berlin? AbroadFinder will do exactly that!
"Find home away from home." is our current working tagline. If you have other cute ideas, please let us know!
Anyone currently living abroad for extended periods.
- International students
- Professionals working abroad aka "expats"
- Partners/husbands/wifes of the above
- People travelling abroad for extended periods ("mini-retirements") :-)
(It's NOT targeted towards "normal", short-term travelers.)
Thus, it is a fairly broad target group, which means the appeal should not strictly "business" or be too funky/amateur/student-like. We believe that's the main challenge.
- Please do a version with and without the tagline "Finding home away from home"
- Please try to stay clear of the "globe" analogy. Are there any other ways to illustrate "heritage", "roots", "global", "moving", "away from home", "abroad".... play around a little!
- Or you may want to try to convey the idea of in some way.
- Keep it simple... simple shapes, if any, or maybe something very text-based?
- In terms of color scheme, no requirements - any ideas?
- Total logo should be fairly compact vertically (think "Facebook stream page")
OPTIONAL - BUT WILL INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING:
- There is the option to integrate part of the UI with the logo. Each unique "hub" (a pair of locations, e.g. "Mexican in France") should display the location in Text and a set of flags. The "location switching" will work via an "EDIT button" that is near the currently selected location. (see sketch)
- If you plan on integrating those flags, they would have to be flexible such that
-- the logo works WITHOUT any flags
-- the logo works with two or with one flag.