Southern Roots Nursery
Southern Roots Nursery is a company, located in the southeastern United States, that grows and sells vegetables (primarily lettuce and tomatoes) that are grown hydroponically (without soil) as well as flowers, plants and shrubs for landscaping residential lawns.
The company promotes a return to a more relaxed lifestyle, relishing life's simple pleasures (such as gardening at home) and quality (fresh, great-tasting, healthy vegetables) versus the hectic, day-to-day lives that most Americans live today.
There are two target audiences for Southern Roots Nursery:
1. Local restaurant chefs desiring fresh, great-tasting vegetables for their dishes.
2. Local residents desiring fresh, great-tasting vegetables for their families and those wanting a wide selection of healthy flowers, plants and shrubs for their home landscaping needs. The local residents purchase these products from the company's retail store.
1. The Southern Roots Nursery logo should be designed so that "Southern Roots" is more prominent than "Nursery".
2. The logo should convey a natural, sustainable, environmentally-friendly impression.
3. The full-color logo should be no more than 3 colors.
4. The logo should also be designed so that 1 color can be used, if needed.
5. An icon should be incorporated into the logo. The icon should be unique and easily distinguishable. For example, a green leaf, which is a quite common image to convey 'nature' or 'natural', would not be acceptable. Potential iconic images might include lettuce, tomatoes, flowers or even a hummingbird - although none of these suggested images is required. The icon can be either a detailed or abstract image.
6. The logo should be able to be used on both a large sign at the company's entrance or reduced to a small size and still be read (so that it can be included next to a dinner entree on a restaurant's menu that promotes the fresh vegetables included in the dish or printed on a small sticker that would be affixed to the vegetables for retail sale).