Come Pilar Placone Ph.D. ha cominciato il suo viaggio per il design di logo
Mindful Parent Happy Child
My name is Pilar Placone, I am a licensed marriage and family therapist. I have a Ph.D. in Integral Psychology and for 18 years I have worked with teens and adults who have suffered greatly from having unaware parents. For many reasons, these parents, who meant well, did not learn that the level of connection they have with their child determines how that child grows to feel about herself. The program I have designed focuses on the parent and the parents' development and use of self-awareness in their parenting. When a parent uses mindful awareness this becomes a powerful tool in growing the parent-child connection. When children feel this connection from his or her parent they develop a felt sense of being loved and accepted, thereby developing a secure sense of self.
I practice mindful awareness in my daily life. When I am amongst a child, I take time to connect with him/her in positive way because this makes a difference in how that child grows to feel about him or herself. Mindful awareness lets us intervene on behavior that might harm the parent-child connection. I would love to announce to the world, "All adults are parents whenever in the presence of a child!" I will begin this new movement in parenting one parent at a time, by having them read my book, join a class, attend a workshop, mindful parenting happy child shirts and car decals, and your great art!
Dicci qualcosa su di te e sulle persone che vuoi raggiungere
Parents between the ages of 22 and 50. They have toddlers or teens. Many may have doubts about their parenting or are having problem behavior with their child/ren. They probably have an education, but mostly want the best for their children. They come from many walks of life. Some might be recovering addicts or alcoholics, others come from healthy stable lives.They definitely search for information on the web, even though they might not talk with the school teacher. They may be single, gay, married, religious, or atheist. They may be conservative or liberal.
Another audience will be teachers and mental health care professionals. The teachers will be wanting to improve their teacher-student relationship and professionals will be wanting to use this with their clients and do parent education.
1) Have fun. This will be a challenge I am sure!
2) Try to not use human figurines shapes (remember this is a different parenting paradigm)
3) Parents must feel safe (we are focusing on their stuff after all!)
4) Open to all colors
5) Font, simple clean, not childlike (please no "chalkboard" look or kids writing)
6) Happy and clean but not cute.
7) The logo has two parts 1) an icon graphic 2) the text "mindful parent happy child. I want to icon to stand well on its own, but when used with the text it makes it a stronger, more harmonious logo people are drawn to.
8) Because mindfulness is traditionally a buddhist meditation , please stay aware from the Asian graphics, clip art, etc.
9) Nothing psychological or clinical.