our overarching theme is: "Protecting parental rights helps parents protect their children."
So I think we're looking for a logo that conveys a strong sense that a parent is:
1) The protector of their child;
2) The person who cares more about the child's future than anyone else;
3) The person who always looks out for the best interests of their child;
4) The person who has wise counsel and advice for their child;
5) The person who heals and nurtures their child if he or she has been injured.
Here are some thoughts on the artwork, in no particular order:
1) I don't think it's essential that the logo show TWO parents. In fact, an argument might be made that we are safer showing just ONE parent, insulating us from the tedious criticism that we think all families are of the "Ozzie and Harriet" variety.
2) I believe that if the logo concept indicates gender, we probably want the parent to be the mother, and obviously the child should be a daughter.
3) We'll want the daughter to look older, a teenager. Shouldn't look too young. But to the extent possible, we want the art to convey a sense of the girl's immaturity and vulnerability. She needs to look like someone who needs and wants her parent's protection.