We are a small museum of history in a small midwestern town. We want something totally new to help us begin branding ourselves in our community.
Byron Museum of History
Our logo has been the same for about 20 years. Our museum consists of a historic house (the oldest standing house in our town, which was also a station on the Underground Railroad), and an attached long building that is linked to it by a gallery. So it's a lot more than just an historic house, but the house is vital to who we are, and one of the most recognizable pieces of our history. Other important aspects of our history includes being the birthplace of AG Spalding (who was an outstanding early baseball player and also manufactured the first baseball equipment ever), an abolitionist area, home of Ruth Hanna McCormick who was one of the first women to serve in the US Congress. I don't know if that's important for this, but wanted to give adequate background. Our current, nasty old website is located at byronmuseum.com, if you want more information.
- A clean, classic design that will translate well to signage, web, print, imprinting on shirts, etc.
- Nothing TOO edgy, as this is a conservative community and everyone already thinks I'm weird.
- We really like a dark red, almost brick red, color, as well as grays and black.
- I keep wanting to incorporate a house, or the impression of a house (or even the impression of OUR historic house) as an element in the logo, but it's not a requirement
- If you want to put in a tagline, any of these would work: "and Lucius Read House" or "Home of AG Spalding" or "Preserving Our Past for Our Future"
- I tend to like the appearance of small caps, but they are also not a requirement.
- That's all I can think of!
- I'm a pretty easygoing girl. Don't get too hi-tech or frisky for this small town.