- this is a chess club ... logo should get everyone excited about the new club and make them want to be part of it, BUT
- don't use the word club. the kids think the word club is not cool, esp the older kids.
- check out our Robotics club logo, which was really well received. The halo went over well ... but don't want to copy this logo.
- open to ideas on colors
- this logo will initially go on a t-shirt so should be readable from a distance. front side only.
- flexible in terms of which font we use ... prefer some kind of block font and not a script
- school website is http://www.olaschoolk8.org
- if you want to throw in a tag line that would be cool, too and I can tip you
- feel free to re-use a "halo" ... we used it in the robotics logo and it helps us stand out a bit
- please don't show a black background ... the initial use will be on a t-shirt and while we're not quite sure what color the t-shirt will be (not yellow, fyi) it won't be black, either. Won't be white, either.
- Bishops are ... religious figures. Perhaps there's a way to incorporate the bishop. Or the knight. Just thinking out loud ...
- a few of you are using the king in the chess set in your logo. This may or may not work but one suggestion is not to use the "german iron cross" that sort of tops a lot of kings in chess ... take a look at the cross on the OLA school logo instead and see how that looks.
- we're still not ready to award a winner ... please let us know your questions or give us suggestions for how to improve the brief
- we need better fonts ... we like the fonts on this page, FYI. Clear, simple, bold. https://www.carbon3d.com
- please, please consider using the halo! Could be straight or tilted.
- the robotics club logo we used is really popular. Hint.
- in terms of chess pieces, no pawns please!
- please look at the comps we've uploaded for ideas ...