A celebration and gathering of African inventors, gadgets and innovation. What kind of simple, memorable and long-lasting mark can you create for "Maker Faire Africa"?
Maker Faire Africa
The aim of a Maker Faire-like event is to create a space on thecontinent where Afrigadget-type innovations, inventions and initiativescan be sought, identified, brought to life, supported, amplified,propagated, etc. Maker Faire Africa asks the question, “Whathappens when you put the drivers of ingenious concepts from Mali withthose from Ghana and Kenya, and add resources to the mix?”
This is the logo that we hope to use for years to come. It's for use in an annual event. It will go on the website, brochures, t-shirts and various other pieces.
**** More Info ****
More about it here: http://www.afrigadget.com/2008/10/0…rica-2009/
The logo will be used on the Maker Faire Africa website, and hopefully for years to come in this annual event.
This has the blessing of the original Maker Faire, held in different places around the US by Make Magazine and O'Reilly.
- The logo and the type (font) can be separate
- The logo or a part of it must be able to stand alone as an icon – forbranding purposes (favicon, email signature, buttons, etc.)
- The graphic should in general be flat, unless there is a good reason for using depth
- Will need to look good in black and white
- Final design needs to be submitted in Adobe Illustrator, EPS and Photoshop versions.
- Try not to be too cliche with the map of Africa. You can use it if it works for your design, but we're not looking for that type of thing in particular.
- Web 2.0 style design
- Run of the mill logo work - BE CREATIVE!