We are after a clean and simple design, conveying ‘relaxed biker cool, with a hint of retro. Aspect ratio of 1:1 - To be used on a white background online. - The winning design will need to be provided in a hi-res format, in both colour and black/white versions (for use in print/t-shirts etc). - We have a preference for vector based designs.
MORE INFO BELOW:-
Cloud9 dictionary definition: ‘In a state of blissful happiness’
What is Cloud9Biker?
An inspirational online entertainment and information platform for ‘cool’ bikers.
The website will provide information on motorcycle clothing and accessories , and a comprehensive guide to UK motorcycling events.
Profile of a Cloud9Biker:
A Cloud9Biker (a past, present or aspirational biker) is likely to be
• Experienced and edgy
• Technically savvy, some can but some aspire to do the spanner work
• More old school than new school
• They have their own style in both the bikes they ride and the gear they wear. They’re individuals
• They always have an opinion
• Their bike is their best friend
• They live to feel the wind through their hair
• It’s for bikers that want to embrace motorcycling away from the mainstream, who would like to own a bike that’s 20 or more years old. A typical Cloud9Biker won’t get over-excited about the Carole Nash Motorcycle Show at the NEC; they’d probably rather be at the Ace Café on a retro bike night.
• It’s for people that would think Steve McQueen is cooler than Rossi, who would like to own a motorcycle that REALLY turns heads, and is not just a practical ride. It’s for bikers that would like to ride route 66, who want to be part of a cool set and not labelled as a ‘sports commuter’.
• You would find them at the ace café, you’d be less likely to find them at British Superbikes, But you would see them at Goodwood Festival of speed
We want the updated Cloud9Biker logo to convey seriously cool stuff from the world of motorcycling- with a distinct hint of retro
We already have a logo for Cloud9Biker, but it doesn’t quite convey the ‘cool’ upmarket image we want our target audience to feel when they see the logo. It also doesn’t include the word Cloud9Biker.
Design cues we like include:
The ‘Get on’ logo at:- http://www.geton.co.uk/
The look/feel of the retro biker website Iron & Air :- https://www.facebook.com/ironandair