Company.com aims to be the definitive free on-line resource that helps business owners and mangers find new ways to save money, grow, and manage their business.
Specifically Company.com provides tools, services, and content to:
1. Find the best deal on business services (e.g. phone service, credit card processing, web hosting, etc.)
2. Get advice and guidance about business topic and issues (e.g. “How to interview an employee.” or “What to know when starting a business.”)
3. Meet other members and find new customers for your business
The alpha version of our web site and a placeholder logo can be seen at: http://www.company.com.
Company.com targets owners/managers of small and large businesses. This ranges from sole proprietors (small businesses) to executives and managers in large companies.
Our target users manage companies in every industry (e.g. from graphic design to aircraft manufacturing).
There are a few communication points that we would like the logo to convey:
1. Universal – we do not want to feel or look like we are only for big businesses ( i.e. no office buildings). Also, we want to respect the fact that businesses are run by both men and women.
2. Company/Business – it’s the foundation of our name. We want to be viewed as authoritative when it comes to business and company building.
3. Network – we are creating a network of business owners/managers and can help and provide their services and advice to each other.
The “must” list:
- The logo must contain the brand name (company.com)
- The logo must be reproducible in black and white
- The logo must be usable in print and web mediums
The “do not” List:
- Do not use the color red (generally means bad things in business)
- Do not leave off the “.com” from the name
- Do not use complex shading or gradients that will not reproduce in B+W
- Do not feel that you need to use our current colors or logo mark in any way
- Do not use any clip art or stock images/illustrations in the logo
- Final logo must be delivered in multiple formats:
-- adobe illustrator (.ai)
-- 24-bit PNG (300x300 pixels)