Come daymark ha cominciato il suo viaggio per il design di logo
We are in need of a logo that reflects the company's abstract approach to marketing, but is also clean and can stand alone in icon form without the "Daymark" (if necessary) so that it can be used in conjunction with our partner companies' logos. See full description for pertinent creative information. This is an opportunity to do some really nice work! We will NOT hold you back! This contest will be guaranteed. Also, you may want to read the comments section as we'll be posting additional information for you as it comes up and the individual submissions on which we'll be commenting and giving some direction that may help clarify our needs. Thanks again and good luck!
Che cosa ti ispira e qual è la visione del design della tua attività?
Daymark Ltd is a consortium of several creative companies whose primary focus is non-traditional marketing fused with exceptional creative and messaging. We've recently made the decision to let outside designers work on the brand to hopefully inspire a fresh, new feel. The Daymark brand (that you're creating) will be used with our partner companies' logo-type (possible with only the icon present) so it needs to be clean, but it also needs to reflect a very high-end creative culture. Our clients are very savvy and appreciate sophisticated yet unique, warm and creative brands. They range from the entertainment industries (i.e. MTV and CMT) to high-profile non-profits (i.e. Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children). We're not going to limit you at all - we're looking for visually stunning, meaningful work! Just FYI, here is a link to the Wikipedia definition of "daymark." (Edit: see comment regarding the use of actual daymark imagery - it isn't necessary and may be too expected) We are excited to see your work! (Use only "Daymark" in the design - the "Ltd" is not necessary)
We will use the following general rating system when evaluating preliminary work:
2 star and below: not really what we are after;
3 star: getting closer but need revisions or a different take on your design;
4 star: design is being considered - nice work;
5 star: we really like the design and will make our final selections from these.
We'll give additional feedback as we're able in order to help more clearly explain our vision and guide you to a potential win! If you have any questions or comments at all, please don't hesitate to let us know! Thanks for your interest!
- clean design
- great use of color
- works well in 1-color
- is versatile for many applications (i.e. all identity, collateral, t-shirts, with sponsorships, with other logos, etc)
- needs to be an icon
- unique design - feel free to be creative!
- needs to be unexpected - not a lighthouse on a cliff
- needs to be encapsulated (i.e. in a circle, square, etc.)
- we like the clean web 2.0 look - but it's certainly not required!
- simple - complex is not necessarily better (but it may be)
- sophisticated and high-end
- what's expected - again, not a lighthouse on a hill
- circa 1980 design feel
- a lot of colors - we love color, but we need to stick to 2-3 max
- a design that will look like an ink blob on a fax or t-shirt - again, needs to work in 1-color
- whimsical or cartoon-like