- Design color logo that also displays/prints well in B&W.
- Design must be simple and powerful.
- Design & selected colors must convey competence, trust, action, & simplicity.
- Design elements are the letters "SBO" (all CAPITAL letters) and the numeral "7" (seven). This represents "Successful Business Owner's Seven," our representation for "the seven steps to business success."
- Design must be "extensible" in the sense we will use it not only in its original form, but also to denote subsets of our products. For example, we will use it to depict "SBO7" subscript "Legal Protections," and "SBO7" subscript "Marketing," etc. In other words, we will use the basic logo "SBO7" as well as "SBO7 subscript 'Marketing.'" We use the word "subscript" to indicate the secondary nature of the word and NOT necessarily a literal subscript below the baseline.
- The design submitted must feature at least one of the examples in the previous section (Legal Protections, Marketing).
- This is our first logo contest, so please be sure to let us know immediately if you require more information or explanation.
- Thanks much for your contribution!
ADDED NOTE: The attached graphic is a VERY rough draft of ONLY ONE direction this might go. I am not a graphics designer (obviously), but I think something along these lines might work best. HOWEVER, I am open to other concepts that meet the criteria above.
ADDED NOTE: The colors I used in my ROUGH draft are NOT directive but rather intended to show color differentiation between the basic graphical elements. Again, the draft I provided is only representational and I'm looking for your creative implementation.
- Again, please recall the colors I used in my ROUGH draft are NOT directive and you may use colors and shades other than the red, blue, and black in my example.
- Please incorporate a "TM" and ® "Circle R" (Registered Trademark) symbol in your presentations since this logo will be trademarked and each symbol will apply at different times.
- Clarification of "black & white:" This means a grayscale version of the logo to represent how it will appear when printed in black ink on white paper.
- Subscript Issues (very important):
- Subscripts are not intended to form part of the basic logo graphic concept. Think of them as specifying separate subject areas gathered under the basic umbrella created by the basic logo. For example, we will have subscript variations such as SBO7(subscript: Marketing), SBO7(subscript: Legal Issues), SBO7(subscript: Operations), SBO7(subscript: Office Management), etc. Clearly the basic logo concept cannot accommodate many of these subscripts within the boundaries of the basic logo.
- On the other hand, the subscript must relate graphically to the basic logo concept and not appear “tacked on” or “band-aided.”
- Each subscript variation will have only one subscript at a time, not several or all at the same time.
- Note that the example subscripts provided above represent only a portion of the total number of subscripts I will use and each has a different number of characters. Your design must accommodate this variable-length subscript. Many of the designs submitted so far work well with the word "Marketing," but the proposed implementation will not accommodate longer or shorter subscripts.
- Please do not submit concepts that attempt to capture the subscript wholly within the basic logo perimeter as the variable lengths of the subscripts make this design element untenable.