In general, we have received some very good designs and from this, we have drawn certain styles that we like. However, this is not to say that this is the only thing we will consider (for example, we’ve received some very fun and smart illustrations that don't follow this mold).
1. Designs that incorporate 4 screens – either as pillars or interlocking like a jigsaw puzzle. Please remember that the 4 screens should follow dimensions.
2. Designs that have an interlocking of student, parent, teacher and technology. This could come across in jigsaw style (which some people here have used) or something more out of the box (such as having the child as the core and the other elements surrounding that)
3. Designs that use illustrate a tree using tech/education elements
A common feedback comment we give is that designs are not techy enough or do not have an education bent. Please do your best to incorporate both.
Also, we think that there can be more play with the words “KidStartNow”, for example making certain letters stand out using a tech or education element.
In the logo we want to focus on:
- concept: Using technology in education to grow and develop the mind
- style: modern, simple but bold
- surprise me with colours
- target audience: affluent families, mainly expats (Americans, Australians), mothers
In practice, we will use technologies such as apps, cloud storage, four screens (access of content via phones, tablets, PCs and TVs), tracking and analysis. However, there is no need to use any or all of these elements in the design, unless you see fit.
Earlier on in this contest, when we gave suggestions such as using a cloud, we find that the designs tend to focus on that. Therefore, we would prefer not to give any suggestions in particular now, so as to allow more ideas to come through. We will continue to be diligent with our feedback, so as to better guide designers.
Please also let us know if what we're trying to produce is too difficult or contradictory. We are very open to suggestions and as mentioned above, committed to working with designers here.