I have two logos that I made myself
http://www.lucaslx.com.au/logo1.jpg and http://www.lucaslx.com.au/logo2.jpg
I like logo 2, but found this does not work on a white background very well. So either having a logo that works on both white and black.
I hope these examples help, but you will easily be able to come up with something better than my two little attempts.
Blue would be the colour I'd require somewhere in the logo, I would hope to use it on my current website in the future but definatelly on business cards / invoices at present. So I guess keep your focus for the business card/invoice purpose.
It needs to look professional and can be very simple as shown as my logo on my mentioned URL's above... Needs to look slick, professional, but simple can be effective.
See what you come up with.
Summary of requirements:
- Design the logo on a white background for business cards/invoices. Keep this your focus.
- Black background version as well if possible? Don't let this effect your white background version if you have this in the back of your mind.
- No pictures of lights... It can have things like simple shapes or whatever to support it like in my logos.
- No Italics.
- It would be good if LX stood out from Lucas. As LX is basically short for lights,lighting. I still want it to read LucasLX on one line.
- Blue? Whether blue is used in some sort of shape or somewhere else in the logo.
- Professional, slick
- No curvy, slanted, angled fonts.
- Straight fonts are good, whether capitalised or not.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.