SoftwareCocktail.com is a new software downloads website.
It's being developed to to allow users to download and review software programs. Apart from this functionality, the website will offer the following features:
- checking all software for viruses
- new version alerts
- compare software
We don't have any specific targeted audience, but in most cases the website will be used by 18-35 year olds.
The logo should be relatively simple, but yet creative and attractive. I tried to compile some basic information:
1. Logo will be used everywhere online (main logo website, banners, buttons) and offline.
2. Logo should look great even if resized to fit on a small button - we want to create special buttons with awards and virus-free information that software developers could place on their websites for the benefits of their users (these buttons will be 150-160 px wide)
3. Probably a good idea would be to use a cocktail glass as part of the logo, but if you have any great ideas without the glass, I would be happy to see.
4. Currently we use 2 colours in the website design - blue (#006EA6) for page/block headers and green (#8BCB2F) for additional elements (buttons, lines, etc.). There is no problem to change one of these colours if you have better ideas for colours.
5. There will be no tagline on the logo.
6. Not decided yet whether to include ".com", but more inclined not to include.
7. We need original files in psd (or vector) format as well as logo in gif/png/jpg resized to 300x70 (or close) to display on the website.