The contest has been extended and has taken a sudden change in direction of the design. This due to our boss in the end deciding he did not see any logos he felt had the WOW factor he's really looking for.
The logo now really needs to be more simple, more of a conventional designed logo that can be used to develop a strong commercial brand!
The words "Baby Online" really should not be over powered by anything else i.e. a baby creating a strong focal point away from "Baby Online". A simple symbol is fine so long as its well balanced with Baby Online to create a great logo as a whole. Possibly the symbol (at a later stage), will be something that can be used and easily recognizable on its own!
- The words BabyOnline need to remain the dominant part of the logo,
- Possibly a simple icon/symbol to compliment this,
- The company tag line is: Nappies & Baby Gear,
- Do not use BO Initials anywhere.
Design features we like:
- Play with ways to combined the words/symbol with each other.
- We like many of the modern design features of the http://www.mint.com website. This is the direction we are heading in for the new website (with different coloring etc).
- #170 was ranked among the best until the change of direction. It's nice to see someone starting to do a good job playing with the words.
- "Baby" Fonts/Color like: #107 #81 #200
- "Online" Fonts/Color like: #81
** Please check all our 4 & 5 stars as a guide to what is working for us so far **
You can see the current logo/website of many years at http://www.babyonline.co.nz. The website is getting a complete overhaul in the direction of mint, so the logo needs to work in with a NEW website design yet to come.
Additional requirements include:
- Original file format used to build the logo.
- Provide the names of any fonts used.
- In the future the design will also be used on basic print.
The winner will be someone who can truly impress us and show some great talent. They will also be someone who would be enthusiastic to work with us on the rest of this project to help us to create an award winning website, which is already very successful even with its current retro design.
We look forward to your entries, all the best!