UPDATED logo requirements for the final round:
1) The main element should be composed of one of the following items:
1.1) An owl
1.2) A cougar, lynx, or house cat
1.3) The schwa symbol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwa
2) Other concepts that I prefer be worked into the design are:
2.1) The letter "J"
2.2) The schwa symbol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schwa
2.3) Things associated with engineering, such as cogs or circuit board patterns:
In general, I want the logo to feel personalized. An animal by itself can be a logo for anything. My favorite concept thus far is #57.
3) The main element in the logo should be simple enough that it can be scaled down to icon sizes and still look legible with minor adjustments. As designs are finalized, I may ask you to show a 16x16 favicon version of the logo.
4) Show the logo on both a light and dark background. It should look well on both.
5) The "Software" wording should not be too integral to the logo. In the future, I may change to "Jayschwa Studios" or "Jayschwa Solutions". I'd like it to be easy to cut out or replace the word.
6) Please don't make the logo look "angry". If it has an animal, it should look confident and proud, not like it's ready to attack someone.