We want the logo to be complimentary to our corporate logo, but also be distinct. It should have color (a nice accent to our corporate blue/black), but also look good in black & white.
We don't have a formal style guide, but our logo can be used as just the IP with the circle around it or with the IPLogic spelled out. We cannot modify or penetrate the circle in any way--the new logo has to be independent of the corporate logo.
A couple of key phrases that might be impactful (if words/a tagline fit with your concept) are:
- Lean Velocity
- Continuous Improvement
- Speed, Excellence, Economy (spelling the word SEE)
- "Empowered to Improve" (referring to our employees)
- "Better" Not "Best" (a slogan we use that reminds our employees that we are trying to improve incrementally, not get it perfect right now)
I'm wide open to concepts. Here are some thoughts I've had (but I'm definitely not married to):
1) In our logo, the "IP" of IPLogic was created with an upside-down "CI", which is the abbreviation for "Continuous Improvement. I thought that a creative mirroring of our logo in some way might be a good concept. However, I'm not a designer, so I can't visualize it well.
2) concept that may work is a shape/banner circling around the outside of our "circled IP", perhaps an arrow.