Come Ian@ml ha cominciato il suo viaggio per il design di logo
The company writes software for embedded devices like routers, car computers and custom electronics. Lots of options for theming. I'll provide regular feedback - I want to get this right first time!
Che cosa ti ispira e qual è la visione del design della tua attività?
Take a look at the current website, mutexlabs.com to see where I'm at.
I want something to replace the existing logo and that I can also use on business cards.
Themes might include:
- 'laboratory' (beakers, chemicals, etc)
- 'electronics' (chips, components, tools)
- 'software' (not sure how to visualise that!)
- 'innovation' (again, no idea how to visualise that)A 'mutex' is a concurrency primitive used in software. If you can think of a way to illustrate it, please let me know!
I'm open to any ideas, even completely abstract designs that just look cool.
- Should approximately fit the blue theme on the website, though I will probably redo the website to fit the logo if I like it enough
- Major colours are blue, light grey and some orange accents (like the RSS icon)
- Layout should be approximately as with the website now: symbolic logo on the left, "Mutex Labs" text on the right. Feel free to augment or accent the Mutex Labs text if you see fit.
- The font is 'BitLow' from http://www.abstractfonts.com/font/6875 . Again, no need to stick with it! Use your own judgment for what looks good.
- Vector output format (Illustrator) or PSD at 300dpi. Let me know if you think this will be a problem for you - I can work with most formats.
- Don't make the symbolic logo too complicated. It needs to look good even when shrunk reasonably small on a business card.