Ever wonder why when you deposit a check, you can't take the money out until the next day?
Simply put, it is because the software banks use in the U.S. were built when computers simply did not calculate transactions real-time (thus, nightly batching was invented).
Sycorr is a new startup that is about to attack the throat of old and dated financial institution software companies by providing a much needed clean-slate framework for banks to house what is known as "core" data (that is, what you would think of as fundamental bank data - account, customer, and transactional data).
We want to build real-time, scalable, API flexible, message ready banking software that meet today's business, developer, and customer expectations.
Can I fit anymore buzz words in? ...synergistic...2.0
Bankers, Banks, and other Financial Institutions. Most of these people have no sense of humor when it comes to business, so please keep it professional.
Things we are thinking about (but open to any great ideas):
- Possibly has a supporting graphic/logo behind/beside it like Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (see attached photo).
- Isolated on white, and works for b/w print (printed invoices).
- Our product names are (loosely) Base and Flex, and the brand for these products will simply be the core logo with these words appended in a different color and/or font. Much like FedEx or Digital Squids (see attached photos). Feel free to submit some of these to increase feedback on the core logo.
I do not want the brand name - Sycorr - to have a FedEx two color/font feel. I wish to couple the brand name Sycorr with my product names for a product logo. For example, SycorrBase, where Sycorr would be the font and color of the winning submission and "Base" a different color and/or font.
- Iconic Representations of Locks, Safes, Money, Bills, Coins, Abe Lincoln, George Washington, Ben Franklin, Gold, Silver, or any other monetary items that represent value *unless* done in a very very abstract way to promote the feeling "security".
- The color orange. We have a main competitor in the space whose Wordmark is all orange.
- Cursive typeface/font.
I will guarantee the contest as soon as I can. Winner will have the opportunity to work on business cards. Artifacts must be in EPS and PSD.
Anything else, just yell - we will be very vocal and help everyone improve their submissions. Last but not least - thank you in advance for submitting your entries - your talents are appreciated!