Parent University is an app for parents of 0 - 8 yr olds. The App pushes activities daily to PARENT'S phone based on your child's age and learning needs. Our activities focus on early childhood education, development and literacy training. For example an activity appropriate for a 7 year old would be: http://www.parentuniversity.co/acti…ming-words
Or you can download our current app on iTunes or Play Store to experience it yourself. Currently we deliver a single activity each day via a push notification.
Here is what our current app does:
- User signs up by creating account (using Facebook)
- User completes registration (by providing the birthday of their child, the time they would like to receive push alerts, etc.)
- User receives daily activities via push alerts
- User completes daily activities by clicking "Done" or by clicking "Photo"
- User earns 1 point for clicking "Done" 2 points for taking a photo (after taking a photo user then has the option for sharing to Facebook)
- User can view "progress" on progress meter
- User can review past activities (along with captured photos if they captured a photo)
We have a huge library of content. All of our content is tagged based on the age of the child.
We would like to completely redesign our app. We are also actively looking for a designer to join our team. The only feature we are adding with the new version will be a progress meter that will allow users to see their completion rate of activities for the week. In general, we would love to overhaul the user interface. Honestly the current app design was pretty much put together to purely put the app out and get some feedback about the basic features and user flow. We have some really good feedback about the use of the app, daily lessons being helpful and user retention. With a better designed app we will be proud to go crazy marketing and advertising it.
We have already partnered with some of the leading early childhood education organizations in the US. We need a design and user experience that is worthy of the content we deliver and the positive impact we have on families.