Mini Cookies and Thimble Cookies
We are a cookie manufacturer located in Minneapolis, MN. We have been in business for over 25 years, first in Los Angeles, then in Chicago, and now in Minneapolis. We bake and distribute a wide variety of gourmet cookies for the specialty food trade. We sell to both large national chains (Whole Foods, Neiman Marcus, etc.) and independent stores and gift packers. Our products are all made with care, in small batches with quality driving the process. We are not Nabisco, and really don't care to be.
For many years we have done Private Label programs for some of our customers. This was always popular but prohibitive for many of our small to medium customers because of the large print runs (at least 10,000 labels). With the introduction of digital printing, we started a program over the past two years allowing customers to upload their logo to us and place it on a variety of "templates" to create their own label with minimum quantities of approximately 150 canisters. The program has been popular and effective and we would like to expand our offering of label options, and begin to market the program more aggressively primarily via the web.
Note we print the labels and their logo at the same time, we are not printing labels and then reprinting with their logo at a later date. These are being digitally printed in quantities of 250 to 2,000 labels per flavor generally.
The products will primarily be used and sold it two different scenarios:
1. As a component of a gift basket - Our customers will place the product in a gift basket they create along with other gourmet items such as coffee, chocolates, etc.
2. In a gourmet retail store - Offered along other gourmet items.
We will wholesale the item for approximately $3.25 per canister, with a likely retail price of $6.50 to $7.00 a canister. The design should support this high price point.
Note - Because the product will have the retailers brand on it, we have found many customers use it as a prominent item in their gift basket or store, and will also frequently use it as a promotional tool.
We have found the end customer is usually buying the product as either a gift (hostess, teacher, mail carrier, etc), or possibly buying as a souvenir (Key Lime cookies while in Florida). The purchase is often times made on impulse, not an item that is on your weekly grocery list.
You will be designing labels that go on a composite canister (think Pringle's can, but much shorter and slightly wider). The labels are printed on standard paper stock, and then sent through a machine we have to apply to the canister.
Your design should have an area on the primary panel of the package for the customer to place their logo (see attached examples).
Four flavors will be offered:
1. Chocolate Chip (small size, approximately the size of a quarter)
2. Oatmeal Raisin (small size, approximately the size of a quarter)
3. Key Lime Almond (white powdered sugar cookies)
4. Vanilla Pecan (white powdered sugar cookies)
Ideally we would like to see designs of all four flavors, but at a minimum would need to see two flavors executed.
We are looking for the following in your design:
1. Bold and elegant designs.
2. Designs that are "instantly intuitive" - when the customer looks at the package they immediately know what is inside and are compelled to buy. We are not just looking for a pretty package - the goal is to sell the product, not just have something that looks nice on the shelf.
3. Historically customers have liked our "Lace" design the most. We believe this is because it provides the largest area for the customer to have their logo.
4. Use of the coffee mug pic not necessary. Feel free to substitute.