Our task is to design a package for a high-end Napa Valley estate red wine. Design needs to accomodate a standard claret-style bottle. Wine will be sold for approximately $50 and will be produced in extremely limited quantity.
We are looking for a design for our wine label, The Weekender. We want the label to convey a sense of laid-back, feet-in-the-sand vacationing, but packaged right, could have a real upscale feel to it. Drink other people's wine during the week, drink ours for special occaions on weekends...For brand essence, think: http://www.fourseasons.com/maneleba…nd_videos/ or http://www.edenrockhotel.com/en/index.htm. Or maybe more relevantly: http://www.aubergedusoleil.com/. We are three long time friends who have grown up in various different facets of the wine business and we are coming to gether to make wine based on our shared knowledge. This is not our day job, this is our project on the weekends...this the name "weekender".
- Brand name featured prominently
- Napa-appellation featured prominently
- Sub-appellation "Stag's Leap-ish"
- Wine will be a blend of cabernet sauvignon, malbec, petite verdot, and merlot, all grown on the Lamonica Vineyard. Blend does not need to be prominently featured on front label.
- May want to consider back label and back labl copy as well
- May want to consider capsule color/design
- No rainbows