We have three main audiences in mind. In the future we may split these audiences and have three “targeted” brochures, but currently we are looking for something that will appeal to all groups.
So, we would like our brochure to communicate that we are:
• A resource for researchers at UCSD and other institutions who wish to measure physical activity and physical function related to health and prevention of chronic disease in populations ranging from young to old, healthy to diseased, and de-conditioned to highly fit. We can conduct any (or all) phases of a research project from design to recruitment, data collection, analysis and algorithm generation as necessary.
• An independent testing laboratory for the commercial health and fitness sector. We provide opportunities to assess and validate new technologies under non-disclosure agreements. Given our association with CALIT2, we are particularly adept at validating smartphone applications. We also offer a laboratory-loan program for R&D departments who would prefer to use their own staff.
• A testing center for individuals interested in having health-related assessments such as body composition, bone health and osteoporosis screening, exercise tests for aerobic function, and balance testing.
• A place for local area athletes interested in performance assessments and/or in developing a personalized training plan.
We are seeking a tri-fold brochure. Should look scientific, modern, and “healthy.” Additionally, must look very professional—needs to convey an image of a laboratory where you can validate a new product/application that will be worth a million dollars or more, but still be accessible enough to appeal to, for example, an athlete or other individual with no background in science or medicine.
We require that this be offered in an easily editable format that we can modify as we see fit.
We are open to creativity in terms of verbiage and layout.
We have the following kinds of pictures available (we will upload these later. For now, just show where they would be in the brochure with an “identity” tag)
• Screen shots of data output for all assessments
• Action shots of subjects/patients undergoing metabolic/ventilatory tests on treadmill, bicycle ergometer.
• Action shots of subjects/patients undergoing EKG testing on treadmill.
• Action shots of subjects using metabolic equipment in the field
• Action shots of lab personnel working on balance assessment equipment with older adults
• Head shots of key laboratory and academic personnel
Must include a place holder for our institutional logo.
Must include contact information for laboratory phone number is 858-534-9315. Email is firstname.lastname@example.org