Princeton Black Squirrel
Residents of Princeton, New Jersey consider this community to be a jewel for its historical, cultural and academic significance. The Black Squirrel represents this pride - black squirrels are a common sight in Princeton, but not in surrounding areas. While some of the theories as to why black squirrels prefer Princeton are amusing, the generally-accepted explanation is that a well-known town benefactor and native Princetonian imported orange and black squirrels in the tradition of the University's colors. Over time, the weaker orange squirrels have disappeared, leaving the black squirrels as a legacy to residents’ love for this town. The Princeton Black Squirrel signifies pride in all-things Princeton, and will become a way for people to share their pride of this town. Princeton Black Squirrel will build a brand that unites the community with an appreciation for the people, businesses, academics, history, and culture the makes Princeton, NJ a unique destination and residence.
Catch Phrase: “Uncommon Squirrel, Uncommon Town” (Not to be used in design)
The Princeton Black Squirrel will be an iconic franchise and face of Princeton. Locals, visitors, and people affiliated with the university will be the target for this message, in priority.
- This is a graphic for various apparel items (screen printing and embroidery).
- Image should avoid too much detail so as to be recognizable even at small sizes, e.g. small breast pocket embroidery e.g. izod, polo.
- Side-view, black complete silhouette image of a squirrel standing on its hind legs.
- The squirrel should be looking towards the right side of the screen.
- The squirrel should be holding a Princeton orange colored acorn.
- Do not include facial details
- The squirrel's two hind feet should both be visible.
- The squirrel's two arms should be visible, and its hands should be gripping the acorn.
- The squirrel's tail should have some kind of fluff, but not in such a way that the image becomes "cute". I'd really just like to avoid having the tail be a solid image.
- The squirrel should not be "cartoony" or cute; it must have character and class, but at the same time needs to be fun and professional.
- The design should not include any text.