This is a SERIOUS contest and we will gladly reward contest winner.
UPDATE: I would like to give MORE FREEDOM to designers. You can choose to follow the instructions below very closely as you already did..... or go in a totally other direction with totally different logo, color, structure....... (If you plan to go to "Total freedom" route, still, the design must be 950 pix width and different elements from the draft must be present).
This is the site of a modern and contemporary fine art gallery. The gallery will reopen in France, Paris, and used to sell paintings of masters such as Picasso, Rothko, Renoir Monet…
Your Job is to create the template of the home page and content page.
Here are the drafts I created.
Home page: http://www.galerie-melki.fr/images/
Content page: http://www.galerie-melki.fr/images/content.html
These drafts contain ALL the elements. You must create the page design containing ALL these elements (detailed bellow). You could keep the current organization of the page, or come up with something totally different. I leave it up to you creativity as long as the elements are present.
GENERAL THEME AND COLORS:
We are talking about an art gallery web site, that will be used to show art works.
The site must not be a sanctuary, but must not look like a cheap place. Correct equilibrium must be found. We want a sober, elegant design that will emphasis the art works. SIMPLICITY, AND CHARACTER. Keep those 2 words in mind.
-Content width: 950 px width (fixed width), centered
-Content Bg color: white, but would accept other colors
-Page background: Dark brown: #32261E
- Logo: it must be a simple text as shown on the draft: “GALERIE MELKI” with a dot between the 2 words. Font must be “TW Cen MT”. It could be bigger or smaller than on current draft. But it must have similar thickness.
- Menu: I must be able to easily convert the menu bar to html / css; because the menu items will be dynamically generate by my cms. Current menu items : “Home – Current artists & works…….”
- Left column: 184 pix width
- Currently featured: you can see a big artwork here. As in the draft, you should reserve a space for featured art work.
For all other elements, look in the draft linked above. It should be obvious and without the need of specific explanation. Ask if you need more details.
The content page should feature the same structure.
What is changing and that you must style :
- Left column content with artists name
- Bread crumb and page title
- Content text