I am a father of two young kids (boy and a girl) and I am passionate about being the best father possible. I left my job recently so I could dedicate 100% of my time on running my new company, "21 Dads", which is more than a business - it's also a social cause. Imagine the huge benefits to society if we can raise the level of fatherhood in world!
Why the number "21"?
- Being a dad in the 21st century in a lot tougher than it used to be.
- Parenting is a bit like the game of blackjack. We all want the best hand ("21"), but we have to work with the hand we're actually dealt in life. If we can learn best practices together, our chances of succeeding (instead of busting) are much higher.
- Educated Dads who want to actively raise their kids.
- In their free time, these dads want to spend time doing family-oriented activities.
- But they frequently need help answering the question "What should I do with my kids?" because:
a) there's a problem
b) they have to watch the kids and need ideas
c) they want to know best practices to help their kids become successful and happy in life.
- Typically 30-55 years old
- Middle to upper-middle class
- They will come to 21 Dads to:
1) Ask questions when they need help.
2) Have fun collecting golden ideas (e.g. Answers, Plans, Dones) throughout the site, add them to their To Do list, and then actually do them in their real lives. They will feel like a better dad and their family life will be happier.
3) Share their golden ideas (e.g. Answers, Plans, Dones) and feel good when other dads try them out and thank them for their help.
Please also see my latest feedback at:
- Feels like a fun game. Must get more points. See your numerical progress.
- Masculine. No feminine colors or cartoonish images/icons. Rounded corners are fine.
- Feels like a high-end, premium site for sports or casino
- Primary color palette: black, red, and gold.
- Dark color for main background. Should feel cool and premium.
- Can use a white background behind text to make it more readable.
- Gradients and Reflective effects are good.
- Apple.com styling. Clean, not cluttered.
- Look at ESPN.com and mint.com
III. Conceptual wireframe of the Home Page (see attached)
- Top design goal: Without cluttering the page, make it easy and compelling to get more points.
- The "To Do" button should look like a juicy piece of Gold that you can't resist grabbing. When you click on it, a pop up box opens (shown on the right: "That's a gold idea!"), which should be on a separate layer.
- Need more visual elements to balance all the text.
- Use a Bronze color in the circle behind the big "B" next to "152". This is a Bronze medal.
- Text should be in separate layers and not rasterized.
- Page width < 998 pixels.
- Clear, readable font
- For the logo in the main navigation bar, use a masculine font type (like Clarendon Bold or Sommet Slab Heavy)
- Provide final comp in layered .psd and .png formats
Thanks for your entry!