We originally designed the site around generic vehicle tracking. Our focus has changed to transit buses only -- colleges and city/county transit agencies. We need a redesign that reflects the focus of our business and conveys our message simply and powerfully.
We need to make customers understand three things within 5 seconds of loading the homepage.
- We cut the costs of operating transit fleets while increasing efficiency
- We have an established customer base and are credible (illustrated with logos that link to case studies/live sites etc)
- We are fanatical about customer service and delivering value to our customers.
- Homepage- Our logo should be prominently displayed somewhere, obviously. http://www.syncromatics.com/files/main_logo.jpg
- We need a pane for the live bus being tracked that is the same size as the one presently on homepage http://www.syncromatics.com
- We would like transit related graphics from stock photos: buses, people boarding or on buses, bus stops, etc. We will cover the cost of quality stock photos
- we would like an area that either scrolls several customer logos horizontally or can hold one logo at a time (approx 125x125), depending on space as you see fit
- We would like a strong message to be conveyed in a visual fashion: "our services = add efficiency, reduce cost". (not verbatim obviously) Show us your creativity with how you can visually accomplish this with the use of transit images, words, etc
- We need subnav links to the following: our services, our clients, contact us, about us
- Clients page- We want a map like the one we have up there, but if you have a nicer map of the US that's great. We would like a sexy hover mockup that can include a logo, client name and link to a live site as we have shown now
- Other subpages to be clarified as we see some mockups
- Too much clutter. Keep the core 3 items in mind and design more towards Google's homepage, not Yahoo's.
- Customers who don't get what we do in less than 5 seconds.
- Any new color schemes: stick to our reds, grays and whites as in present site