Hi there! I'm working on my first private business venture, setting up a website and Iphone app whereby I'm going to list the top restaurants of my country, and provide news and information on these restaurants, their chefs and in the future maybe food and wines. Think Michelin-star restaurants. The name of this online and Iphone restaurant guide will be 'alle toprestaurants', meaning obviously 'all top restaurants'.
Users of the Iphone app or visitors of the site can search restaurants in various ways, based on the amount of Michelin stars, prices, cities and so on. And through my app and site I will promote some restaurants or their promotional activities.
Through 99designs.com I got a fantastic logo (thanks again Owen!) and now it’s time for the next step: a website. Let’s start off with designing only the home page. I’ll ask the winner of the contest to design two or three – very simple - subpages as well, so this ‘extra’ work is included in the award.
1) Dutch males or females who look for an upmarket restaurant to have lunch or dinner, or are interested in top restaurants in general, e.g. how the top restaurants have been rated by the various culinary magazines, the latest news on top restaurants, chefs, and so on. In general my audience enjoys life, likes going and eating out and has more than average financial resources available to spend. My target audience is mainly about 23-45 years of age, since new media (mobile applications, internet) are involved.
2) Owners or managers of the top restaurants, since I will target them to buy exposure or advertisements from me.
3) Since the site is connected to the Iphone app, the audience is as well Iphone and Ipod touch owners and users.
- Let’s start off with only a home page
- The logo (see attached file) is the basis of the design of the site: the style, the colours, the simplicity and the originality. The background of the logo should be black, so replace white for black. Should you have trouble with the format of the logo, let me know.
- As was required for the logo, the site should have an upmarket, posh, reliable, yet modern, trendy, cool, bright, happy and young look.
- The used font should be modern and clean too!
- Please use (mainly) the colour black as background colour, since this represents the feeling of eating out, candle light, champagne, etc. The other colour that should be predominantly used is purple, the same purple of the logo. Main (larger text) texts in white with black background, some headers in purple. If graphically nice, some texts can be in black (writing) and white (background).
- Please be inspired by the site filoresto.fr. I truly like the design and look of the site, including the colours, and very important, the used font.
The home page should contain the following:
3) 4 buttons
4) search possibility
5) photo slideshow of top restaurants
6) information on the Alle Toprestaurants concept
7) Iphone information
9) recommended restaurants
10) restaurants that offer a great deal
11) copyright notice
See the attached file for further information.