Reddy-Care Physical Therapy
We get many referrals from Orthopedic surgeons and therapists. So the site needs to show that we work well with the orthopedic profession and is "hands on". Through images, show that they are hands on.
We want an inviting atmosphere, lighter colors. Nothing heavy and gloomy. Very easy to navigate.
An example site from the client is this (it has lighter colors, but I don't feel it is polished and beautiful):
I have attached a wireframe I attached and the current site and istockphoto should give you the images you may need.
Also, please look at these examples:
We really like how the images "pop" out of these sites. We love the use of a big image that uses gradients and colored brushes on top or around the picture to make room for the "call to action" (like "Call Us Now For an Appointment". Then use faded gradients around the image to integrate the heading and form for them to fill out.
I made a quick movie to help one of the last designers. In it I discuss "polish" as defined here:
And here is my video critique:
1. Generate calls for new patients to want to come into the clinic.
2. Be an on-line brochure to answer questions.
Top 5 things we need:
1. Phone number prominent with a "call to action", to call and make an appt.
2. Capture contact info for newsletter.
3. Social buttons to easily join facebook, twitter, buzz.
Functionally, this is everything the home page needs (refer to the wireframe)
1. Logo, Phone #, and space for 3 - 5 pages in the top header.
2. Beautiful picture w/ call to action and an arrow or something subtle to point to the form on the right
3. a form containing a header, smaller description, name, phone, email, submit button and privacy statement.
4. Under that, a place for the main blog and a sidebar.
Lastly, I attached two samples of recent sites that are COMPLETELY the wrong style, but has all the functionality and polish we require.
I can't say it enough - imagery and polish, imagery and polish. I want it to look like it was created in 2010.