Hello talented designers!
We are a new startup; we want to make it possible for leisure & business travelers as well as for lovers to book hotel rooms for the day through our website !
DON'T WAIT THE LAST TWO DAYS TO SUBMIT YOUR DESIGN - MODIFICATIONS WILL MOST LIKELY BE REQUIRED
Mostly two types of people will book rooms through our website –
(1) Leisure and business travelers, who need a private space to rest, refresh or work
(2) Couples (licit and illicit, but mostly illicit), needing a private space to carry out their affairs
As the two types of clients are generally mutually exclusive, we don’t want to be too obvious one way or another (that the market is sex or business driven). So we just want something professional (which does not equates boring).
We need a homepage and a logo, we will use the homepage design to make inner content pages (about us, terms & privacy, etc.).
- No preference for color and/or tones, let your creativity speak, as long as it conforms to the general feeling we are trying to convey…
- …the general feeling we are trying to convey is one of elegance, exclusiveness, high class, luxury, peacefulness, ease, comfort, cleanliness, professionalism, and discretion, not something aggressive or oppressive or shady
- We tend to prefer highly readable websites, and since there is a heavy amount of information to convey on the homepage, we want the design to take a large space of the page (i.e. not a narrow strip)
- Don’t waste everyone’s time and copy designs from themeforest, templatemonster, or any other website. You will get caught and reported. We only want unique designs and true designers.
- No coding is required; however, we might contract you later to create a HTML/CSS version if you have the coding skills
- There may be opportunity for further work for the winning designer.
- All font files used should be included or a link to download them
- Lots of feedback will be given to help you guide your design ;)
- On the upper left corner, the logo/name, with next to it / below a short one liner ("Work. Rest. Play?")
- The top menu items/navigation menu should make it possible to change the language & currency, and in small tabs or links or a combination must be the following titles:” home”, “how it works”, “why book with us”,”members/sign up”, “affiliate with us”, “contact us”, a "book online or call us at 1 800 - XXX - XXXX", and live chat (e.g. hotels.com. booking.com; oyster.com, all do a good job not to clutter the space too much).
- Very obvious on or near the top of the page (e.g. oyster.com), before scrolling down, there must be in big the following sentence "Flexible & discreet booking of luxury and boutique hotel rooms for the day", that explains the concept.
- A large pictures slide show, but it is not a necessity (see hotels.com)
- Facebook & twitter & rss icons, facebook "like" button near the top
- A spot/box on the page to display basic info about the concept in 3-4 bullets points (e.g. “Book a luxury hotel room a few hours of the day”, “no credit card required”, “lowest price guaranteed”, “50-70% off overnight lowest rates on average)
- Footer: not sure of the exact links to be in the footer, so please use standard examples, such as “about us”, “contact”, “career”, etc.