Online Canadian Pharmacy
The winner of this project might as well be selected to design the rest of the site.
The current project is for the design of the home page for an online pharmacy. We are looking for an experienced designer to build a professionally looking home page based on industry looks and feel and page structures (please see competitor's section).
The site shouldn't necessarily look like an online pharmacy (see competitors for a better understanding of the industry particularities). It can be a combination of ecommerce and pharmacy sites, for example. We are leaving this to your creativity, but make sure the page elements are present on the layout.
The site needs to look modern, cutting edge, trusted, healthy clean.
The target audience of the website is both males and females over the age of 40, which are in the market to buy generic and brand drugs from Canada. These types of websites are different than other categories since the target market visits such websites with a clear product in mind, based on a prescription from doctors. The most important factor in buying decisions is a combination of the lowest price and most trustable online website.
The project is for an online Canadian pharmacy. The site should be designed for 1024x768 pixels.
Home Page Elements
The main purpose of the home page is to differentiate ourselves from our competitors and provide an easy way to find access to critical elements on the page.
We need to impress the audience with the help of a clean, professional and trust inspiring look and feel.
When a visitor arrives at the website the look and feel of the website should make the customers think, "This looks like a legit, professional, alive website. I'll check to see if they have what I need and for what prices". This impulse should happen within milliseconds after the page is loaded, therefore everything on the page should look professional: use of white space, color schema, font family, imagery and so on.
Based on how other competitors (see competitors section below) are laying out the information on their websites, these are the elements that need to be displayed on the website:
The closest website reflecting the page elements that have to be on this design is http://www.canadapharmacyonline.com
Critical elements on the page should be highlighted and easy to find at a glimpse:
• Search field
• Existing customer login/Forgot Password
• New customer order
• How to order
• Drug categories
Other elements on the page (these elements can be links or mini sections on the home page):
• Shopping Cart
• Refill Orders
• About us
• Contact us
• RX Prescription Item
• OTC – Over the counter item
• Pharmacy Info
• Phone and Fax
• Hours of Operation
• Seals for
o Pharmacy Checker (https://www.pharmacychecker.com/sea…6E038C.jpg),
o CIPA (http://www.cipa.com/wp-content/them…a-seal.png)
o Visa, Master Card, Check, eBillme, (http://www.merchant-account-quotes.…ard-logos/)
• Satisfaction guarantee
Advantages over competitors:
Better prices, satisfaction guarantee, pricing guarantee, shipping guarantee
Please follow the guidelines below:
- You can use images from free stock imagery websites as well as preview images from paid sites - if your design will be approved you will be asked to provide the link for the images so we can go buy them
- You can use hero images with happy people, targeting people in our demographics, but you should strive to much more real pictures
- Don't use images with doctors, pills or pharmacy related products
- We want to convey the image of a website that inspires trust and healthy lifestyle
- Color schema should contain red (from the Canadian flag color) and blue or red and other matching color(s)
- There is no need to design the logo of the website, but leave a placeholder space of 310x50pixels, which should be long enough to fit the words "Canadian Pharmacy Online" and a 64x64 icon in front of the text
- All important elements (see page elements above) should be prominently on the page and located above the fold
- Shopping cart section will be persistent on each page of the website and its location should be site-wide consistent, maybe except for the home page; keep that in mind when you design the site
- The order form and the fax number should be located on the top right of the page
- Include a Refer a Friend seal at the minimum. IF you want to include all seals they are satisfaction guarantee, pricing guarantee, shipping guarantee
The design should look like the modern ecommerce sites but less busy.
Below are listed 5 sites we like (which are not necessarily online pharmacies) and what we liked about them:
- The search field is very clear and easy to find
- The tabs are nice but could be bigger
- The space where the Facebook and Twitter logos are displayed is a good spot for Pharmacy Checker and CIPA logos
- The revolving banner is nice
- The search field is very nice
- Tabs and alphabetical index are nice
- I like the way the return policy and free shipping are displayed
- It’s easy to find “my account”
- We like the picture displaying products
- We like the “Easy Ordering” image
- The banner with Free Shipping and the Return Policy is nice with a spot for the banner below
- Search field is very nice with the contrasting colors