Easy gig for a great designer. I have laid out exactly what needs to be designed on the attached mockup. Basically, it's an interface for consumers to view our products in an AJAX application. They can scroll between categories / items. Also, they will be able to search for retailers that carry these products.
Please see these images to understand what this web site is about:
Who we are:
We are a large manufacturer of consumers goods geared to a religious market. This part of our web site is aimed at getting people interested in the brand. We are targeting two types of visitors with this project:
1. Consumers that may be interested in purchasing our products at a local store.
2. Retailers that will be interested in carrying our products.
Both of these visitors are important. We need an attractive interface that highlights our images. It should be easy to move around. The design should be eye-grabbing and draw the visitor in.
How the web site works:
1. Click on a tab on top to choose a season. This loads the appropriate categories and default items.
2. Click on a category in the lefthand list. This loads the corresponding items in the main view area.
3. If there are sub-categories in that category, the default is to show items in all the sub-categories. If the user unchecks any of the sub-categories, the items are refreshed
4. Users can scroll through the items horizontally.
Please also include design for mouse overs. There should be mouse overs on the 1) tabs, 2) categories and 3) item images in the scroll area.
NOTE: Our images will eventually all have white backgrounds. Please keep that in mind as you design.
- Attractive look
- Good use of conservative and powerful colors
- Classy looking icons
- Web 2.0 style