AAPC is the the nation's largest medical coding training and certification organization, with more than 93,000 members. Our organization has been evolving beyond medical coding and into all areas of a physician practice (coding, billing, auditing, practice management, compliance, etc.) -- thus necessitating the evolution of our homepage as we add on services and cater to a more broad audience.
These are professionals working in medical practices. In the past, our audience has primarily been coders and billers and predominately women, but that is changing. Visitors are now starting to include doctors, practice managers, billers, coders and other staff.
1. They are coming to AAPC to get trained, certified so they can get a job
2. They might already be employed and are coming to get certified and for the benefits and association that comes with membership in our large organization (local chapters, conferences, forums, etc.).
3. They may be coming for the services and training we offer (audit services, ICD-10 training, practice management, etc.).
Primary audience is still number 1, however.
We’re looking at a modification of our current homepage to support our evolution. This will be one of many to come and the winning designer will be considered for future updates.
The key points to the redesign are:
1. Allow the design to work with the overall website. (so we’re not having to redesign every other page of the site). This isn’t to say that we can’t change the header and footer completely, or styles in CSS being changed.
2. We like a clean, professional, corporate look. We tend to like a light to white or neutral look (colors used to draw attention to a banner, or the main section of the site, or to compliment).
3. You are welcome to move around the elements in the attached mockup and size things differently, including removing the descriptive text for each of the elements. For instance: We may add longer descriptions for the main three items (trained/certified/job) and then remove descriptions for "ICD-10 Training" "Audit Services" and "Practice Management".
You could make the banner smaller or larger. Move the three main things to the left, below a banner, above a banner, whatever. This is where I need the designer's creativity. But more important is the designers ability to style the page (good understanding of layout, spacing, colors, etc.).