The discussion section will consist of the following pages in order of hierarchy:
1. The discussion section homepage. This will suggest popular topics and discussions the user may be interested in. This should feel fresh, current, alive, and fun and encourage the user to join or start a discussion. http://www.cnet.com/uk/ and http://www.usatoday.com/ are good examples of this.
2. Browse topics page. Since users will be allowed to create topics, we will have a large structure of nested topics. We will need a page that will allow users to browse topics. Other features should include the ability to search, create, and follow topics. Any other creative ideas you have for this section are encouraged. We do not have a mock for this yet.
3. Topic landing page. This is where users go to find a discussion about a topic they are interested in. This page should have a large appealing header that displays the topic and a brief description of the topic (preferably with an image). Below the header should be a similar version of the discussion section homepage tailored to the topic. Any creative ideas you have for this section are encouraged. We do not have a mock for this yet.
4. Discussion landing page. Discussions can be about anything (News Story, Person, Candidate, Image, Video, an Issue, etc) that exist within a topic. Discussion content consists of a headline, image (optional), and body text. Authors are rated by the quality of discussions they start and contribute to. We would like to acknowledge and reward authors who submit high quality discussions by making their "about the author" section look like a badge of honor. The better the author, the better their about section should look. Forbes does a good job of highlighting authors http://www.forbes.com/sites/arjansc…n-goliath/ Here is an html mockup of a discussion landing page http://www.isidewith.com/discuss/23…47-discuss
5. Reply landing page. Each comment reply will get it's own landing page. Reply content consists of a headline (optional) and body text. This page should look very similar to the discussion landing page, except it should have information about what/who they are replying to. Here is an html mockup of a reply landing page http://www.isidewith.com/discuss/236923647-reply