A front end user interface design mockup is required for a community based climbing social media/networking website. The front page will be rich in features, however we are looking for a very clean, uncluttered design. Just one page needs to be designed, no coding and no additional pages! Full details in brief.
A front end user interface design (one page only) is required for bigvertical.com, a community based climbing/mountaineering website. The front page will be rich in features, however we are looking for a very clean, uncluttered design. The design must have a visually attractive and coherent colour scheme. It also must be scaleable.
The type of site we want to create is premium, cool, neat, easy, and social. It should like it is the premium site for climbers and mountaineers. And we would like to stress again that we would like a design that is very nicely spaced out and appears uncluttered.
We can make payment via Moneybookers (this is our preferred method), credit card or paypal. Western Union is too expensive, sorry! Please note: We have done contests on here before (namely a tshirt design contest) where we paid out to more than one user, so we are more than happy to pay if some really gets our vision. There will be a heap more work for the candidate who really helps us to nail our vision, including logos, marketing materials and further site designs.
The site is intended as an online social media/networking destination for the global climbing/mountaineering community.
- Item 1...site name / logo (yet to design a logo)
- prominent search field
- a video player
- featured blog post, plus links/excerpts from further blog posts / news items
- event calendar with add event now field below, with the ability to add comments
- A 'news feed' of latest activity on the site (latest activity would be a recently joined member, recent blog post, recent forum post, recently listed item in the shop, recently listed event, recently listed podcast, recently added photo, recently added group). This feature should be reasonably prominent, and each item should have icons or a subtley different colour scheme to define the different activities
- a section showing thumbnails of featured items in the shop, with a little line detailing how many new products added in the past week
- a horizontal menu featuring Home, Knowledge, News, Groups, Video, Podcast, Forum, Gallery, Calendar, Join Us, Login.
- Designs that aren't well thought out or spaced out nicely. Feel free to use up lots of room, the site can scroll down lots.