T206 White Border Baseball Cards
Classy, Web 2.0
Accepted File Formats:
Standard Web Formats (.jpg, .gif or .png); Vector Formats (.eps, .pdf or .ai); Layered Formats (.psd or .tiff)
Please stick with the following basic requirements.
- Fonts: Arial and/or Times (or Times New Roman) throughout please.
- If You Use Rounded Corners: No less rounded than CNN.com and no more rounded than Digg.com.
- Logo: Feel free to alter it. You can download a PSD below.
- Layout Width: 970 pixels
- Columns: For the homepage feel free to get creative, but for the sub-page we would like a standard two column layout.
- General: We are shooting for the Web 2.0 look, so larger font size, tabs, contrast, smooth graidents, etc. are all encouraged. We're looking for a real knock-out, information friendly layout.
- General: Please design on a grid and keep it clean and classy.Some sites we wouldn't mind looking like:
- http://www.youtube.comDownload the new logo we would like used for the site here: http://www.t206.org/new/t206.org-logo.psd
The pages we'll need in the main navigation are:
(Feel free to order them differently, you pick.)
- Value a Card
- On eBay
- Help / FAQ
- ChecklistFor the content page if you could mock-up a little Lorem-Ipsum text and a simple registration form that would be great.
For the homepage we would like to incorporate the following:
- Currently on eBay (Tabular data of current eBay auctions)
- A few ad blocks (Nothing larger than 300x250 - definitely no towers or 468x60 banners)
- Top 10 Gallery Images (Based on # of views - tabular data with links, and possibly thumbnails)
- Top 10 Most Valuated Cards (Based on # of valuations - tabular data with text, links)
- Top 10 Links (Based on # of clicks - tabular data with text, links)
- Description of the T206 set (this could be the main text body on the homepage, you can use the current text from T206.org homepage as filler for now)
- A search input box (nothing fancy, simple input is fine)
- Login area (uname / pwd fields)
- "Register Now" type link/button/graphic - you decide - some of the benefits of registration are maintaining your own checklist, valuating cards, contest participation, image hosting, and more.
- Site News area (tabular data with headlines as links, maybe short description)
- Random gallery image, maybe? This isn't high priority If you are going to incoporate card images into the design please use some from this flickr set (it's mine):
If I end up choosing a design from this contest it will very likely result in more work for the designer as I will need more of the interior features graphically mocked up as we develop them.
Please PM me with any questions.
Thanks, and good luck to everyone!