We are a new media company looking to match our passion for excellence in style, content, and creativity to a well designed web site home page. We have already had the exceptional design community on 99 designs create our logo and now we are ready to tap into this creativity again for an equally or more impressive home page.
Mahogany Grove is a new media company specializing in the urban community promoting progressive thought and growth by educating, motivating, and inspiring our audience in the sectors of entrepreneurship, entertainment, style, economic and political
news, spirituality/ faith and health/fitness.
We are also in search of a well-versed contributing designer in web design, wordpress platform knowledge and graphics is a plus.
We are holding this competition on 99 designs in hope of finding a designer who has the skills to create an award winning web site and it all starts with the home page. We are looking for a homepage that will be so well designed that it will be placed on sites like,
The links below offer an interesting read which would aid you in staying on track:
Ok enough with our expectations; you see where they are.
We are currently using the Arthemia theme and itʼs functionality. The demo can be located here: http://demo.colorlabsproject.com/arthemia/
There are several sites whose functionality and design has stood out to us. We used these sites to provide a “mash-up” to aid in you seeing how we want to use the functionality from the other sites throughout our own site.
Links of mash-ups:
Sites that have certain functionality we like.
**When you view these sites, please keep in mind that although the example provided is using bits and pieces from each we would like to have a design of our own that separates us from our competition as well as embodies our urban style.
AGAIN ... WE DO NOT WANT A DUPLICATE OF THE EXAMPLE SITES DESIGN THIS IS SIMPLY TO AID YOU IN SEEING WHAT FUNCTIONALITY WE WANT TO USE
FROM EACH SITE**
Our competition is as listed:
We are looking for unprecedented creativity. The canvas is open for creations and out of the box concepts.
Will comment on star rating of 3 and above. Due to the short time frame we will try and
comment as soon as possible.
1 star - wrong direction
2 star - some elements I like
3 star - getting closer but need revisions or a different take on your design
4 star - design is being considered
5 star - made the final cut!
THE LOGO WILL BE PROVIDED IN A PSD FORMATE WHICH CAN BE REQUESTED BY PM OR EMAIL ONLY.
• Page should have the functionality as seen in the attached file:
The slider section
Join community, follow us on twitter, rss, newsletter
Most popular post section
Last 4 weeks of magazine editions
Strategic advertisement placement
• The site needs to be completely unique in design and style and fostering the appeal of
the urban community.
• As far as colors we like golds, cremes, and browns but are open to a different color
palettes as our logo is easy to rework to favor whatever color weʼd like.
• High quality, we are an upscale media company.
• Bold, Simple, Vibrant and easy to navigate.
• Fresh, Modern, and Aspirational.
• To appeal to a demographic of 18 to 35 year and multiple ethnicities.
• Gender neutral
• Design must be 100% original work. We would own the copyright and all rights to use
the site without restriction.
• Well Designed spaces for adʼs (the placing of ads should flow into the design of the
home page and stay with in the guidelines of IAB)
• Please return the file to us in an organized fashion. Keep the layers in folders or keep
each region of the site together within the PSD file. This makes it much easier for us to
find elements incase we may need to make changes to the file.
• We do not want a replica of the sites mentioned. They are a reference only.
• Too corporate.
• We donʼt want a simple template based design, nor boring non-creative designs. This
design is for a premium website looking to be listed as a web design winner.